Happy Easter at Venetian Civic Museums
Written by Love in Venice on 29 March 2018
On Sunday, April 1st, all the Civic Museums in Venice will be open like summer time. On Monday, in extraordinary way, also Ca’ Pesaro International Gallery of Modern Art and Science History Museum will be visitable.
On Sunday – from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.- the exhibition “Around the glass and its reflection in painting” at Candiani Cultural Centre in Mestre will open the door for this special occasion. It offers an innovative parallelism between glass art and painting.
This is a unique opportunity for the numerous visitors present in Venice for Easter holidays. They can also benefit – starting from April 1st – of the opening extension time thanks to summer open timetable.
At Palazzo Ducale, open every day from 8.30 a.m to 7 p.m, you can visit the evocative exhibition dedicated to English artist and writer John Ruskin, Venetian stones, till July 10th, or the restored Opera Museum on the first floor with extraordinary international loans.
At Museo Correr, opened from 10 a.m to 6 p.m – same for Archeological National Musuem and Marciana National Library Sales – you can admire Canova collection, the exhibition “Sissi’s rooms” and the Wunderkammer. Or you can visit – only with reservation – St Mark’s Clocktower.
Moreover Ca’ Pesaro museums will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in extraordinary way on Monday with a new layout. The permanent collection includes Carraro collection and Sonnabend Collection, and it presents masterpiece from great artist from XX century to current time. Gino Rossi in Venice exhibition (till May 20th) creates a dialogue between Cariverona Foundation pieces and Civic Museums collection.
The Science History Museum, with its paleontologic collection, the dinosaur room and Ligabue expedition.
Same for Fortuny Museum – from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. – and spring exhibitions: An Italian collection. Artworks from Merlini collection, which exposes a wide overview on Italian art during XX century, and The Zurich Room. Homage to Zoran Mušic which presents the precious reconstruction of Villa Zollikon basement, near Zurich, decorated by sister Dornacher’s commission.
New opening times also for other museums:
- Ca’ Rezzonico ( 10 – 6 p.m., closed on Tuesday, ticket shop closes at 5 p.m.), presents its famous eighteenth-century art collection with masterpieces of Canaletto, Tiepolo, Longhi and Guardi’s gorgeus garden.
- Palazzo Mocenigo Museum ( 10 – 5 p.m., last entrance 4.30 p.m., closed on Monday), with a preciuous fabric and furniture collection from XV and XVII century, a path through perfume history and the exhibitions Venice and Orient. The Venice Foundation collection (until August 26th) and Katagami and Katazome. Symbolism and decoration in Japanese fabrics (until April 22th).
- Carlo Goldoni House. Follow the path dedicated to the great Venetian playwrite ( 10 – 5 p.m., last entrance 4.30 p.m., close on Wednesday)
- Murano Glass Museum (10 – 6 p.m., last entrance 5 p.m., open every day), with its precious glass art collection and the exhibitions: The world in a pearl – Glass Museum pearl collection from 1820 to 1890, and New Acquisitions at Sala Brandolini.
- Venice Lace Museum in Burano (10 – 6 p.m. last entrance 5.30 p.m., close on Monday), visit the rare lace collection from XVI to XIX century and the exhibition The Lace School (until May 27th)