Here we have a practical list of the main events and festivals, taking place throunghout the year in Venice.
January / February
- Venice Carnival. Music and performances all around the city and traditional parties in the Palaces and in San Marco square with the famous “Volo dell’Angelo”, “Volo dell’Aquila e “la festa delle Marie”.
- 25th of April: Festa della Liberazione and San Marco Festivity (city’s patron). In this day men offers to their lady a “bòcolo”, a blossom, of red rose.
- 12th and 13th of May: Festa della Sensa. Throughout the day at Palazzo Ducale there’ll be the Ceremony of “Gemellaggio Adriatico” and the price “Orsella d’oro della Sensa 2017” will be delivered. In the second part, from 9.30 to 11.30 a.m. it will be rowing Sensa regatta. It starts from San Marco and arrive at San Nicolò (Lido) for the Marriage of the Sea ceremony, the “Serenissima Chorus” concert and the Holy Mass.
- 20th of May: Vogalonga. It’s a 30 km rowing regatta starting at San Marco, through a lot of islands in the lagoon; Sant’Elena, Vignole, Sant’Erasmo, Burano, MAzzorbo, Madonna del Monte and San Giacomo in Paludo and Murano. After reaching Venice the Parade will pass through Cannareggio Canal and Canal Grande anf it will end at Punta della Dogana.
- From 26th of May to 25th of November: International Biennale of Architecture.
June / July
- From 22th of June to 1st of July: International Dance Festival
- From 25th of June to 2nd of July: Sagra of San Pietro of Castello. It’s a popular Venetian festival with concerts and gastronomic stands.
July / August
- 14th and 15th of July: Festa del Redentore. A night full of phantasmagoric fireworks at San Marco and the next day you can assist to the Historic Redentore Regatta through Canal Grande and Giudecca Canal.
- From 20th of July to 5th of August: International Theatre Festival
August / September
- From 29th of August to 8th of September: 75^ International Venice Film Festival
- 21th of November: Festa della Madonna della Salute
- 24th of December: Christmas Concert at San Marco Basilica, at San Marco Square.