Moving around Venice. All the informations you need about public trasports: ferries and buses, tickets’s price and where and when you can buy it.
What makes Venice a unique city is its old town sourranded by waters
Thanks to the bridges that link various places all around the lagoon, it’s possible to visit Venice by foot. If not, you can choose between 159 Actv ferry lines which to ensure the mobility on all the territory, 24/24, every day. From midnight till 5 a.m. there is only one line, the N line. Throughout the day you can find:
- City Center Lines, by which it’s posssible to sail mainly on Canal Grande and Giudecca Canal. They start from Tronchetto or Piazzale Roma and arrive until Lido (line 1 and line 2).
- “Giracittà” Lines. They lead until Murano and Lido (lines 3, 4.1, 4.2, 5.1, 6)
- Lagoon Lines, which connect far-off places in the lagoon. They reach the mainland, Marco Polo airport, Treporti, Punta Sabbioni, Chioggia, Fusina, S. Giuliano (lines 12, 13, 14, 19).
- Seasonal Lines. They are active during summer time or special occasions.
- From Tronchetto is possible to reach Lido boarding your car on the Ferry-Boat.
Alilaguna is another public transport and its navigation network is formed by five lines which link Marco Polo airport and the cruise terminal to Venice centre, Lido, Murano and Punta Sabbioni.
Car and Bus Services
From Piazzale Roma you can find a lot of buses which lead to Mestre, Marco Polo airport or Canova airport (Treviso).
Venice is accessible to young people by offering to the visitors between 6 and 29 years old a lot of facilties. Rolling Venice card costs 6,00 euros and it offers facilities at museums, commercial activities, and mainly at public trasports:
- € 22,00 (rather than 40,00): 72 hours ACTV trasports, all the lines (ferry and bus). But the trasport from/to Marco Polo airport is not included.
- € 28,00 (rather than 46,00): 72 hours ACTV trasports, all the lines (ferries and buses). No limit, including the trasport TO Marco Polo airport.
- € 34,00 (rather than 52,00): 72 hours ACTV trasports, all the lines and including FROM/TO Marco Polo airport.